- Epic Imperial Guard.
- 54 infantry bases including completing 3 out of 5 of my platoons.
- 12 rough rider bases, 12 sentinels, and 15 light artillery bases
- 6 thunderbolts and 2 marauder bombers
- 40k Imperial Guard
- Company command squad.
- Red platoon. Command squad and 2 tac squads.
- 2 Support squads with lascannons.
- The thudd guns.
- The sentinels (technically these were in Jan, but they are done as I write this list so I'm counting them in 2014).
- Rebased a heap of models onto resin bases.
Still to do: plenty. Veterans, arbites, rapiers, assault platoon, a land speeder and plenty of other pieces of lead.
- Epic Eldar.
- 3 titans.
- 14 vehicles.
- 8 jetbike stands and 8 infantry stands.
- Epic Chaos
- 10 bases of terminators.
- A predator. (Neither of these are shown, because I'm slack. These are my Legio Mortis Nurgle Titans that I painted a couple of years ago. They are just crying out for black and white checker-patterns).
So I am pretty happy with my progress. I painted a swag of old models and gave them some well deserved love.
So what to next?
My overall strategy is to eventually have 5 armies in both 40k and Epic that I can play with (but mainly collect as I don't play much these days). The armies are:
- Imperial Guard (9th Necromundan Death Blades) with Inquisitorial (and other) allies
- my home brew Space Marines (the Paladins of Exodus)
- my Death Guard Chaos Marines (The Blighted Path)
- my former Imperial Guard Renegades (The Togari 88th)
- as well as a Saim Hann army (yet to be named or slotted into the narrative).
Plus on top of this, in my collection I have an old lead Undead army, and a more contemporary (i.e. plastic) beastman army for Warhammer. Both need lots of work.
So to get me closer to this goal, the pledge for 2015 is:
- Complete repainting my Death Blades in both 40k and Epic.
- Figure out what I am doing with my Epic Death Guard and get them done.*
- Finish painting one other army.*
- Commence repainting my Old Lead Undead.
- Roll up and model 40k and Warhammer warbands from ROC: The Lost and the Damned.
- Play at least one game of Epic, 40k, ROC and Warhammer (hopefully 3rd).
- Spend no more than $300 on models, paints and other loot.
*These ones are dependent on me moving house yet again, and getting my hands back on my models that are in storage.
So that is that. I pledge to do this in 2015. 7 tasks for Nurgle.
Wish me luck (especially with that last one! Must resist temptation to click on forgeworld Death Guard).