Saturday 28 March 2015

and the winner is... Ireland

So I was sitting around minding my own business, when I noticed that I could look at my blog stats.

And I discovered that of all the countries in the world, the most page views last month per capita was Ireland, with a whopping 1.3x10-6, or to put it another way, 0.00000130 page views per irish person. So they are the winners of the inaugural, Ragged They Kill Blogathon Stats-When-I'm-Bored Challenge.



The next closest was Australia, who have a home ground advantage, as I didn't bother discounting my own page views, with 0.00000026 views per Australian person. So we weren't even close. While the US won the total number of views, (with a whopping 76! Truly this blog is climbing to lofty heights!) their population meant that there were only 0.00000024 views per United States-ian person.
Special mention also goes to the two people in India who viewed my blog, probably by accident. While there is no prize for this, you do receive an honorable mention. However with a population of over a billion you both have some mouse clicking to do if you want to top the Irish. Approximately 1000 clicks each.

So what attracts this mad stampede of Irish people to my blog? Apart from the quality content and witty commentary of course.
Well I have no idea, but I suspect it is something to do with our shared heritage. For as a pasty-white Australian, I am descended from a ragabond collection of oppressed people who were volunteered to spend the rest of their lives being oppressed on the other side of the world, away from their loved ones. So cheers to you, my long lost cousins, the Irish, I shall drink a beer in your honor tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Heh. As an Irish toy soldier blogger with an interest in old Citadel I can probably tell you exactly who generated those hits too (its a small place, with a small population and correspondingly small cohort of types interested in old Cltadel).

    Anyway, go us, and go you too :) I really like that Ordo Malleus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Cheetor, I neglected your comments. I did have a beer in your honor though. And might have another tonight...

    ReplyDelete