Sunday 14 February 2016

Death Blades Veteran Test Model

I have done up a test model for the Death Blades veteran squad to see how I would go with the camo scheme that I had planned.
The intent for this squad is to paint and model them in the black and white striped pattern that was used back in the day.
I also wanted to add in some kill banners and the like to show that these are veterans, and to help them stand out from the rest of the Death Blade crowd.
The model was painted using the same basic formula as the others, with a black base coat, grey fatigues, brown trim with a Agrax Earthshade wash, and pale skin with a purple wash to represent the sunless hive origins of the regiment.
The splash of red on the pennant needed a dash of yellow in my opinion, mainly to help it blend in with the rest of the army, so I added the yellow edge to the pennant. The pennant itself is a piece of thick foil I've picked up from somewhere that I trimmed to shape and glued on.
I went with a catachan plastic head as I didn't want too many helmets on the veterans. I was planning to paint it yellow, as these are members of yellow platoon, but I went with a camo pattern instead. I think it helps to add to the "infiltrating" feel of the model, so I'll repeat it on the rest of the squad.
I also added a larger tuft of grass to the base to represent the fact that they were probably infiltrating into cover as some sort of vanguard for the main army.

So that's it for now. One down, nine to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment