Saturday 21 April 2018

The (almost) Last Undead Samurai

Hailing from distant lands, the undead samurai bound to the Necromancer Valignano join the Host of the Pale King.

Hidden somewhere in the blurry photo above are the last six undead samurai that were (until very recently) sitting unpainted in my leadpile painting queue. Of the twenty undead samurai released I have eighteen, and these are the last ones I had to paint.

So after a couple of alcohol and podcast fuelled painting sessions I've managed to get them all painted.

I did them individually, or in batches of two, but waited until all six were all done before posting them up here.

Bek and Jin. The one laying on the ground called Jin reminds me of one of my recent birthday parties.
I quite like the menpo (facial armour) on Jin. I didn't realise it was there until I had started preparing him for painting. I just thought it was some remnant zombie flesh or similar.

Mi and Ki-Fe. I've never painted a skeleton with a moustache before. These models have quite a few little quirks that I didn't see on first glance.

Mi is armed with a kaiken (dagger), which were mainly used in cramped conditions indoors where bigger swords weren't able to be swung freely. Clearly he is ready to strike when massed units clash together.

Tu and Bo have seen better days. Tu is generously holding a spear for the enemy; probably involuntarily.
Bo's arm is bent, and I didn't realise until I'd painted him up. as you can see on the Stuff of Legends website his sword is supposed to be sticking up in the air. I could bend it back up, but I'm a little worried about snapping the arm. Plus I've kind of painted the model now with it touching his hat, so would have to clean up the hat and sword and re-paint them. Such little excuses!

But what a hat it is! I think Bo is one of my favourites because of his hat!

And here are the last eight I've painted, in all their (somewhat blurry) glory. Ready to be summoned from the grave by Necromancer Valignano and join the Host of the Pale King.






No comments:

Post a Comment