Monday 23 April 2018

79 Dodge D50

Some people ask me why I drive a D50. Sometimes you need to pick up a bike. Perhaps one of your boys put it down, perhaps they got messed up. Perhaps its a bike from another gang that our boys convinced they didn't need any more. So you see, a D50 thats had a few hours put into it under the hood can be pretty handy in these situations. Plus you can put other stuff in the tray, if, you know, you need to transport it somewhere to sell it or something. Plus you can mount something heavy in there and run it as a technical. So it has its uses...

This Dodge D50 (known as a Mitsubishi Triton in my part of the world) is a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder diesel utility, so not exactly the most powerful beast in the world. But it will do a fine job as running as a renegade in my Children of Anarchy gang. 
Like the other vehicles I'm converting, I drilled out the rivet under the vehicle, pulled it all to bits, glued on some armour and painted it up.
Most of the armour I added is magnetic sheet, so I can attach magnetic weapons onto it (as magnets don't stick to the die cast metal) The exception is the armour on the back, which is made from an old bread clip.

I also added a few hungry boards around the sides of the tray. These will allow a model to stand in the tray, with a pintle mounted large calibre weapon, and not look like they're going to fall out as easily.
The paint job is my standard dirty black that the Children of Anarchy run with. As is my standard procedure now I paint the lights after the weathering so I don't lose all my hard work.
The bars and other bits help the poor little D50 look a little more respectable. The armour protecting the engine is comically absent on the top, but I added some over the grille at least. Better keep an eye on that temperature gauge though!
And here it is rollin' with the Mirada! Running guns on a grim dark highway!


No comments:

Post a Comment