Saturday 30 June 2018

Tally Chaplain Glomerata

Pict Capture of Tally Chaplain Glomerata during the initial stages of the New Diemenslandt invasion.
A Chaplain of the XIVth Legion during the great crusade, Glomerata inspired his fellow Legionnaires in battle more through his deeds than through litany. Always at the forefront of attack, the Tally Chaplain continues this role to the present day.
Seen here armed with an archaic plasma pistol, the Tally Chaplain records the deeds of the warriors about him, and keeps a tally of despair for his dark god.
Another of the Forgeworld resin death guard support characters that I have been working on, the Tally Chaplain is intended to be used in both 30k and 40k games. For 40k games I can use him as a tallyman, armed with a plasma pistol and inspiring the troops around him in combat.
I used a pair of chaos terminator legs to embiggen him a bit, and help him to stand out from the basic troops. In 40k games the tallyman is armed with a plasma pistol only, so I decided to put a book in his left hand, to help represent his tally keeping narrative.

The plasma pistol is from the plastic chaos marine box, and looks suitably old and functional.

I put a spiky trophy on the backpack, and filled the backs of the terminator legs with putty to help them look like normal marine armour (albeit a bit bigger) rather than terminator armour.
I added the pistol holster on his hip so I can use him in 30k games as a chaplain (who is armed with a pistol and crozius).
I made his right arm magnetic, and kit bashed a crozius from my bits box. I also had a jump pack available, so I didn't glue on the backpack so I have options there.

The paint scheme is my impressionistic dirty, rusty death guard scheme, which I'm fairly happy with, especially now that I've settled on a suitably nurgly green.

The jump pack jets were given a bit of blue to make them glowy and match those of my other jump packs, on the raptors/destroyers, and other characters.

In 40k games he should provide some nice buffs to big units, like my 10 strong terminator unit, making them better in close combat.

In 30k games he'll do the same job, but with added mobility.
And here he is, reading a bedtime story to his kids (in typical grim dark style of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment