Thursday 12 July 2018

Brayherd Test Model

So with the release of a new version of Warhammer I decided to dust off one of my old armies and give them a freshen up. The Beastmen, now known as the Brayherd, are one of those armies that I've collected, and made a start with, but haven't ever had them close to completion.

I've decided to give the beastmen a spruce up for the new warhammer, including re-basing them to round bases, and equipping them for the current game.

This ungor raider model is an older plastic ungor model, which I've converted into a raider by turning his polearm into a longbow, and adding an arrow to his back.
The paint scheme is one I decided on for this army a long time ago, when you could give your beastmen marks of chaos to dedicate them to the specific chaos gods. This may come back again some day, but I suspect that if it does it will be a very long time coming.

They are meant to be followers of nurgle, with a suitably green skin tone and rusty equipment, but not overly mutated. Perhaps they are just starting to dedicate to nurgle, perhaps the powers of nurgle are not in ascendancy where these beastmen dwell.  I'll have to develop the back story a bit to know for sure.  I usually do that as the army is taking shape, and let the modelling and converting feed the back story, which in turn feeds the modelling and converting.
So without knowing where they will be taking this faction it is a bit of a risk in painting them up for the new version of the game, but one that I'm willing to take (as I'm in this hobby for the long term, and understand that things come and go).  In a pinch I can use them as mortal followers of chaos if the army gets made obsolete, but it has been given some support in the new version so I suspect that it will live on as a faction. In the latest generals handbook they were given a new spell and adjusted points values, so that's great.
I have used my standard base colour and method, but added some dead leaves, which are actually dried oregano so have the added benefit of smelling nice!

So the test model is done. 39 ungor to go! And then it's onto the gors...

No comments:

Post a Comment