Sunday 27 November 2016

Epic Gun Emplacements

Leman Russ Battletanks occupy gun emplacements during the defence of the Imperial Prison Colony world of Neu Diemenslandt.


These gun emplacements were a fairly simple little addition to the defensive structures that I've been working on.

Like these bunkers, they are made from valves from the front of dust masks.

For the emplacements I simply turned them up the other way, cut a section out of the back, added some putty to the front to represent earth that had been mounded up, and sprinkled some sand on.

They were then painted up in a fairly quick manner, grey spray, black ink wash, underhive ash drybrush, and light grey finish for the concrete bit and the job is done.

Due to the fact that they have the sand on the inside, and that my vehicles are based, the vehicles don't fit inside quite as low as when I was trying them out as a concept. But I'm not too worried. They will do the job of representing what they are.
Ideally I'd like nine, so I might add another four down the track. But for now they're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment