Sunday 22 January 2017

The Bloody Handed God

An avatar of The Bloody Handed God, Kaela Mensha Khaine, is summoned by Eldar Seers.
I bought this Avatar model back when it was first released in the 90's for Epic. As it was a free addition to the eldar army, and was pretty powerful to boot, it wasn't a hard choice to get it!

I had it painted up in fairly standard Saim-Hann colours complete with flocked green base, and used it to distract my mates ork horde by running straight at them.
In the backgreound for the avatar, it says that it is made from molten metal, so for my new scheme I tried to reflect this. I started with white, and slowly layered on yellow, orange, red, and dark red. This left the recesses of the model lighter than the outer parts, like it was hotter in the core, and cooler on the outside.

It was pretty difficult for me to do for a number of reasons, and I'm not sure that I've nailed it at this scale, but it is still an improvement over the previous paint job.

I also had a crack at making the ground look like it was heating up and being lit by the Avatar by drybrushing some dark and bright reds on the base. Again I'm not 100% happy with it, as I think it might need more contrast between the reds. Or something. But I have a lot of models to paint, so it will do!

And here he is, surrounded by his aspect warriors, ready to cause some mischief!
I'd better paint up a farseer to summon him now!

No comments:

Post a Comment