Thursday 5 January 2017

The Pledge for 2017

What I said I'd do, what I did and what I say I will do.

In 2016 I pledged that I would do the following:

  1. Paint up the 28mm Death Blades models that I currently own. Purchase what bits I need to do this.
  2. Paint up the 6mm Death Guard Models that I own. Including the supporting Titan Legion.
  3. Purchase and paint some heavy vehicles for the 6mm Death Blades.
  4. Paint up some Dark Future models, including purchasing some models on foot.
  5. Finish rolling up and modelling my Nurgle Warbands for Realms of Chaos.
  6. Find a like minded gaming group and play some games.
  7. Keep going with the Old Lead Undead. Hopefully at a faster rate than 1 model per year.

And here is how I went...
  1. Paint up the 28mm Death Blades models that I currently own. Purchase what bits I need to do this.
I got a fair bit painted, but didn't get everything painted, so I failed this one. The main reason was that I ran out of the resin bases that I was using, and money, which slowed progress, and meant that I couldn't do the bigger models that I wanted to do. Apart from my biggest model, the Valdor, which has no base and barged to the front of the queue as a result.
So I painted these this year:

Valdor Tank Hunter

Tech Priest and posse'

Arbites

Green Platoon

Some Characters

Veterans


Still to do are:
Land Speeder
Robots
Grav Attack Vehicle
Possibly an old Dreadnought.

So 0 from 1 so far...

  • Paint up the 6mm Death Guard Models that I own. Including the supporting Titan Legion.
Complete! I have painted pretty much all of what I have. There is one notable exception, my old Daemon Prince Mortarion model, but I'm using a newer Mortarion model these days, so am just holding off on repainting the older one for a while.
But I painted plenty of other stuff:
Scratch Built Blight Drones

Great Unclean One and Lesser Daemons

Whirlwinds

Objectives

Some Plastic Havocs

Hell Blades

Death's Heads Traitor Titans

Dreadnoughts

Destroyers and Assault Troops

Terminators and their Primarch
Land Raiders
Tacticals

Outriders Bikes

So 1 from 2.

  • Purchase and paint some heavy vehicles for the 6mm Death Blades. 
This one is done. As well as some superheavies, I also added a few other vehicles to the Epic Death Blades vehicle pool:

Trojans

Hellhounds

Centaurs

Crassus Transports

Leman Russ Battletanks

The Legio Ignatum warhound titan Praedetor

Leviathan Command Vehicle

Still to come for this army:
Shadowswords
Some artillery
A few other pieces to allow me to run them as a number of different armies.

So 2 from 3 so far.

  • Paint up some Dark Future models, including purchasing some models on foot.
I was excited about Dark Future at the start of the year, but didn't end up playing any games. I did write up a scenario, and paint a car though.


I even scratch built some magnetic weapons. Like a chain gun.

But that's as far as I got with this unfortunately.

So 2 from 4.

  • Finish rolling up and modelling my Nurgle Warbands for Realms of Chaos.
Absolute fail here. I did start to plan a warband for age of Sigmar, which has the Path to Glory rules in the Generals Handbook, which is a much less time consuming version of the Realms of Chaos.

To be honest having the carefully crafted narrative set in the Old World ripped out from under me has taken the wind out of my sails a little bit. But that's not much of an excuse for not painting a cool concept model.
So poor Foulmaw and his crew says in the unpainted queue.
2 from 5.

  • Find a like minded gaming group and play some games.
Complete! I played Epic Armageddon, Epic Heresy and Warhammer 30k games this year. Not a single game of 40k, and the planets didn't quite align on getting in a game of Age of Sigmar. But I've found a group who are more into the narrative side of gaming, so that's the main thing. Now I just need to find time to play some games...

3 from 6.

  • Keep going with the Old Lead Undead. Hopefully at a faster rate than 1 model per year.
Complete!
I exceeded last years tally of 1 model by a whopping amount.

Archers

Battle Standard

Screaming Skull Catapults
Vampire

Grave Guard

Some more Undead Samurai

Casket of Souls

Morbius the Liche

Ennio Mordini the Wight King
Necromancer
Importantly I have settled on a palette that I am happy with for this army, so that allowed me to have a flury of activity with them, and enjoy painting some models.

So I ended up on 4 out of 7, so well short of my quite ambitious total. I did do a fair few hobby related things that aren't on the list, like develop some scenarios of Epic Armageddon, paint some terrain, and paint some fortifications for 6mm. However Nurgle is displeased that I didn't do what I pledged, and grants me another Chaos Attribute. As a result this year I get...

391 = Fast. Movement x 3
Hooray! That could have been much worse!

So now I have Acid Excretion, and I'm fast. And still no eyestalks. Sweet!

So now on to 2017.
This year, my seven pledges to Nurgle are:
  1. Paint all of my remaining 28mm Death Blades models
  2. Get my re-painted Epic Saim-Hann up to a level that they can be used to field at least three Eldar armies
  3. Add and paint some more models for the 6mm Death Blades
  4. Get my 6mm city table up to a usable standard
  5. Keep going with the old lead undead
  6. Play some games
  7. Do some work on my long neglected 28mm Death Guard, for 30k and 40k games.
So that's the Pledge for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment