Wednesday 30 December 2015

Dark Future!

While looking inside old bags in my parents shearing shed, I found this!
That's right, it isn't an old fleece, some flyblown crutchings or bailing twine, but the much more geeky Dark Future box. What a treat!
Hello old friend, it's nice to see you again!

Look at the poorly painted treasures I found lurking within:
They should spruce up nicely with some of the skills I've picked up over the last couple of decades. The challenge will be keeping them away from the kids.

Good to see the NYPD well represented. It's a pity about the lack of chain guns, but that should be something me and shapeways can rectify. That white paint is tippex correction fluid!

This Delorian does slightly more than 88 mph, but would really benefit from an autocannon on the hood. And some fuel tanks on the back. No Mr Fusion in GrimDark Future. I remember painting this black with a permanent marker. It used to have Mad Max tanks on the back, but they are awol.

I do have the original weapons in this box but think I will try out 3D printing some (or talking someone talented into putting some on Shapeways). If you are talented and love chainguns then let me know!

I think this project in 2016 will have a quite a different vibe to my usual projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment