So at the start of last year I said:
"My pledge for 2015 is:
- Complete repainting my Death Blades in both 40k and Epic.
- Figure out what I am doing with my Epic Death Guard and get them done.
- Finish painting one other army.
- Commence painting my Old Lead Undead.
- Roll up and model 40k and WH warbands from ROC:The Lost and the Damned.
- Play at least one game of Epic, 40k, RoC and Warhammer (hopefully 3rd).
- Spend no more than $300 on models, paint and other loot."
1. "Complete Painting" is always an optimistic goal for an army. The intention was to get the old IG 28mm models I have painted up in Death Blades colours. All I painted this year were the rapier teams, so still have the veterans, assault platoon, land seeder, arbites and others to do. So I fail part 1A.
However I did smash out the 6mm version of the army, and while not "complete" it is certainly more than playable. This is largely due to the fact that I found a pretty cool group of 6mm gamers, that meant that 6mm ended up being the focus of the year. So 1/2 marks for point number 1.
2. I kind of figured out what I'm doing with my Epic Death Guard. Buy some more models for them, and re-paint the old ones in storage. I didn't get access to the old ones in storage, but I did get plenty of new ones painted up. I'm calling this one 1/2 done.
3. Finish painting one other army. I didn't get access to my models that were in storage. Fail.
4. Commence painting my old lead undead. Success. I painted one undead samurai liche. I still haven't posted it here, so have been slack in that regard though!
5. Roll up and model RoC Warbands. Fail due to all my cool bits being in storage. I did start rolling them up, so I'll give myself 1/4 for this.
6. Play at least one game of Epic, 40k, RoC and WH3rd. I played a fair bit of Epic. 1/4.
7. Spend no more than $300. Pass. I purchased a pot of agrax earthshade and some cool heresy era epic models from a mate. That would have been around $300. I didn't spend anything else which is fine as I have heaps to paint. I am long overdue for some new brushes though.
So my score for 2015 is 3 1/2 out of 7. I pass, but don't please my patron. After consulting the chaos attributes table I discover Nurgle gifts me with, *rolls* 003 - Acid Excretion! While being one step closer to damnation isn't a very nice start to the year, it's cool to be able to excrete acid. And at least I don't have eye-stalks.
Here's a list of what I painted in no particular order.
- Three 28mm Death Blades Rapiers.
Plenty of 6mm Death Blades.
- White platoon - 16 bases
- 19 bases of beastmen + 1 command base
- 1 heavy support base (to bring them up to 5)
- 4 Ogryn bases
- One Reaver Titan
- 4 Grav Attack Vehicles
- 18 Chimera
- 3 Hydras
- A handful of Commissars
- A 6mm version of my Inquisitor
- 3 Macharius Omega's
- 10 Bike bases
- 3 Praetor Assault Launchers
- 3 Macharius Tanks
Plenty of 6mm Death Guard.
- 3 Typhons
- 6 Vindicators
- 6 Predators
- 4 Medusas
- 6 Rhinos
- 2 Fire Raptors
- 1 Falchion
- 1 Fellblade
- 11 Infantry Bases
- 15 Robots
I have access to my models in storage again now, which basically means that there is a mountain of unpainted lead and plastic (and die cast cars!) that needs my attention. Ideally I'd like to get the following achieved:
- Paint up the 28mm Death Blades models that I currently own. Purchase what bits I need to do this.
- Paint up the 6mm Death Guard Models that I own. Including the supporting Titan Legion.
- Purchase and paint some heavy vehicles for the 6mm Death Blades.
- Paint up some Dark Future models, including purchasing some models on foot.
- Finish rolling up and modelling my Nurgle Warbands for Realms of Chaos.
- Find a like minded gaming group and play some games.
- Keep going with the Old Lead Undead. Hopefully at a faster rate than 1 model per year.
So that's the big seven for me this year. They are a little different to last years, as I have moved around quite a lot, and feel the need to be more community involved after flying solo for so long. Number 6 will be an important part of getting the others done.
I'm really excited about some of these. Dark Future in particular. I guess I can blame Fury Road for that.